{homemade} strawberry-playdough

I {heard} that homemade playdough was alot less messier than the stuff you buy from the store. Now although, I am a huge fan of store-bought playdough (i especially love the way it smells..) I was tired of picking up those little pieces of playdough for a few days after the kids played with it. So I {blog-snoooped} around and guess what!! I found this really awesome recipe for strawberry-playdough at CASA CAMACHO.
{see bottom of my post for ingredents}
I thought What the heck, lets give it a whirl! And this afternoon- this is what me and the kids had our hands into:
Lovely isn't it. I imagine you can use different flavors of Kool-aid but this worked just fine for our liking! Here is the recipe and instructions to make it {although it does say to stir for 3-5 minutes, it acutally took us about 10 minutes to get our formed playdough} oh.. and this makes plenty for you little ones.
{my little helpers in the kitchen...}

This is what it first looks like.. Ewwy and Goowy.. But it gets better after some anxious kids get to stirring it. =)

The little ones enjoying their creation..

What a fun activity it was today!

{as promised}
The ingredents for this SMELL GOOD Strawberry playdough!
1 cup Flour
1 pkg strawberry koolaid
1/4 cup salt
2 tbls cream of tarter
--i mixed those first 4 ingredents together in sauce pan on med-low heat--
*then added*
1 cup water
1 tbls vegtable oil
Mix your little hearts out.. it may take a few minutes!!
ENJOY!